Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dr. Seuss and my mom

I had such a nice first weekend home! Saturday night I saw Seussical the Musical at Lakeshore Players in downtown White Bear Lake. It was great! My only other experience with Lakeshore was two years ago when I got to play Liesl in the Sound of Music, so it was fun to be in the audience of this great little theater instead. I had friends in the show and they were super awesome. (The people I didn't know were awesome, too.) I must admit, Gertrude McFuzz is a dream role of mine. She's so dang cute, google her if you care. Also, if you haven't seen Seussical before, you should go! It plays one more weekend! It's an awesome mash up of a few different Seuss stories and characters, and features Horton, the cat in the hat, some who's from whoville and more! I stole some pictures from their website for you to see. Don't tell.

The Cat in the Hat. He was really great.

Look at the neat set!




Sunday (today) was (is?!) Mother's Day and I love my mother! Michael came over and we had surprise extra guests: Jill, Dale, and Kay. We made steaks on the grill, asparagus, and twice baked potatoes. Mmmmm! I think my mom had a nice day, so that's really great. Plus, we had dark chocolate dove ice cream bars, so if she didn't have a nice day then that's really screwed up.

Squinty family

My mom is a pretty mom

  
No Leash? Jungle jack, explorer of the unknown backyards.


So yeah. That's the whole weekend! Now I am home alone (with Jack) and spending quality time with my guitar. I brought it home early before the end of the semester so that it wouldn't take up valuable car space for the move out. I haven't played in like two months and my fingers are so mad. I'm sorry, fingers.

Happy Mother's Day to the all nice mommies out there!

1 comment:

  1. I love my daughter! (And Son) It was a lovely day and on top of it all, she thinks I'm "pretty"

    ReplyDelete