Thursday, November 14, 2013

I Love Ashland!

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS.
Okay, it's not hump day, but something else exciting is happening.


Today I get to celebrate my most favorite theater in the world, Ashland Productions! I participated as a counselor at Ashland twice, I worked a spotlight once, I also was on stage for Birdie and Cats, and now I'm the most enthusiastic audience member ever.
Ashland puts on amazing productions. One of their main focuses is education, and guess what, I love that! In addition to their adult/teen shows, each summer, Ashland has summer theater camps for kids. The counselors are brilliant and the campers are inspiring and passionate! Also, each spring with their ACT! program (Ashland Children's Theater), Ashland spreads out some wonderful directors to many elementary schools across the metro. Each elementary school learns the same show at their own school and then when the rehearsal process is over, they all get a weekend of production on the Ashland stage with professional set, lights, costume, and mics! How COOL is that?

Counselor Buddies
Cute campers on mismatch day
More Cute Campers

My stage hubby, Jack
Stage right master. I got a headset like Britney Spears
Bye Bye Birdie
Bye Bye Birdie

CATS

Fine Feline Friends
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Damn Yankees

Current Show: Wizard of Oz


 I'm going home to see The Wizard of Oz this weekend. Eeeep. Can't wait!


Recently, Ashland posted this video on their facbeook page:

Today, Thursday Nov 14th, is Give to the Max day. This theater is amazing, and if you are willing to give this year, you can help reach Ashland's goal to raise $15,000! Every teeny little bit helps : ) AND I heard that they have some amazing sponsors willing to match the first $3,500! COOL! I know a lot of you have supported my theater hobby over the years and I just want to help give back to a place that gave me so much. Consider supporting this special place with me, minimum donation is $10 and even that makes a big difference! Learn how by clicking HERE.

2 comments: