Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reading Maniac


Does it make me the lamest 21 year old human being that my dream is to be in a book club when I grow up? I'll answer that for you. Yes.

Great news! My classes aren't nearly as horrible this semester as they were last semester. This means I've had time to read lately! It's wonderful. I've even had some pretty good luck recently including Heart Shaped Box, Waiting for White Horses, and The Reader (Thanks, Oprah). However, I just finished the most mediocre book ever. It was called Solomon's Oak which featured a farm widow who fosters a troubled teen. They both learn a lot from each other, yadda yadda yadda. I personally think mediocre books lend themselves to a far worse experience than a bad book because I can't quit halfway through, and then I feel obligated to read all the way to its very mediocre end. Anyway, now I'm reading a Jodi Picoult called Plain Truth about an amish girl who secretly has a baby out of wedlock. GASP. And, yesterday I rented Stephen King's Carrie as an audio recording so that in two weekends when I drive forever to Duluth, I can listen to a story instead of be bored the whole ride! Also, I never saw the old movie and since the remake is out now, I figure it's about time I learn what all this pig's blood hoopla is about. (Did you know there's a Broadway musical Carrie, also? I've never listened to it.)

Now I think I'm going to try to read a whole bunch of books that are soon to be movies so I can be the annoying person who leaves the theater upset and saying, "The book ending was so much better..."


No comments:

Post a Comment