Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happiness Emporium

Yesterday was the Land 'o Lakes barbershop district competition in LaCrosse Wisconsin. Dad invited me to come for the day and I'm so glad I went!

We watched Great Northern Union perform and they were remarkable, as usual. They won district and that was fun to see. Then we watched the quartet finals where 8 quartets sang and my favorite group won. They were a young quartet of 20 somethings and they called themselves "Kordal Kombat" which I believe was highly under appreciated by the (older) crowd. I heard yesterday was their first time going to contest, so that's pretty cool.

Then Michael joined us and we caught dinner before the ADC show. (which stands for Asomething District Champs, I think. probably Association. A always stands for association.) The show was very cool because it was all focused on Happiness Emporium and their retirement announcement. The crowd was nuts about them and they received multiple standing ovations. My favorite part was when they finished their set and everyone started chanting for an "Encore!" because they came back on stage and Bob went right to the microphone and said, "Don't you people have HOMES?"

After the ADC show, there was a big party to celebrate Happiness Emporium and all the good they've brought to the barbershop community. They had cake, which was obviously my favorite part. What a neat weekend.




Rubber Duckie. Michael's Childhood.




After their set, some important men came out, gave a little speech about how awesome Happiness Emporium is, and gave them cool little plaques shaped like smiley faces that thanked them for being super neat.

ENCORE

I like cake.

I really do

I told dad this one looks like it says thanks for the daughter.

Happiness international scrap book, 1975 costume, and photo display

Good looking people



1 comment: